HEALTHCARE RESOURCES MATTER
Healthy food is important for the prevention, treatment, and reversal of chronic disease. The following resources are for healthcare providers who want to support their patients in using food to improve their health and wellbeing.
Rooting Recipe4Health in Healthcare
This toolkit is for primary care clinics and other healthcare settings that want to incorporate “food as medicine” initiatives into their practice and workflow. Because every health center has a different culture it includes suggested templates and timelines that can be adapted for their needs.
Key Highlights: Rooting Food as Medicine in Healthcare includes several worksheets to guide your planning.
- Worksheet 1: Readiness Assessment: This self-assessment helps healthcare organizations think through what needs to happen to successfully integrate food as medicine into a clinical setting.
- Worksheet 2: Models of Intervention: This worksheet provides an overview of best practices, logistics, and roles for those interested in implementing pop-up food farmacies, CSA boxes, or clinic-based voucher programs.
Using Food to improve Patient Health
These one-page handouts can help you teach patients how to use food to improve health. Click the links below to download the handout that fits your need.
Cholesterol and Other Lipid Issues
Diabetes and Prediabetes
High Blood Pressure
Irritable Bowel Syndrome
La diabetes y prediabetes
- 5 Consejos para controlar la prediabetes
- 5 Consejos para controlar la diabetes
- Qué comer cuando tienes la diabetes
La presión arterial
La enfermedad cardiaca
El síndrome del colon irritable